The last alliteration date of the century!
12/12/12/ is the last alliteration date of the century! Have you decided what you are going to do today to make it special? I am going to spend my evening with my wife, kids and my son’s football coach Jeremy Hathcock going over the season’s game film. So after realizing that I live an adrenaline lifestyle I decided I wanted to see what were half a dozen things you could do on this day.
1. From midnight to midnight, more than 100 couples will walk or ride down the aisle at Viva Las Vegas. Those tying the knot at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel have 40 different 12/12/12 wedding packages to choose from. Six of those options include an Elvis impersonator. Others include pirate, gangster and gothic themes. “Besides a traditional wedding, the most popular is Elvis in a pink Caddy, where Elvis drives the couple down the aisle in a pink Cadillac,” said general manager Brian Mills, who doubles as an Elvis impersonator.
2. Purchase a dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme and share them with your co-workers or give them away. I know George would not approve of the donuts and would rather me send you something healthy or have me graze in some pasture somewhere.
3. Buy a lottery ticket; I would buy 12 tickets for the Powerball for myself and another 12 tickets for the office. Imagine if you won how amazing it would be on such a special day.
4. Show off your knowledge of 12-12-12: Everyone knows the obvious: There are 12 face cards in a deck of cards; 12 hours on a clock face; 12 signs of the Zodiac. But did you know — Dec. 12, 2012 is exactly 6 years, 6 months, 6 days from June 6, 2006, or 06/06/06.
5. Send your better half a dozen roses marking this special day, personally I would have a dozen yellow roses sent home with a nice card telling my wife “look at the roses I want them to see what true beauty is” I would bring a single red rose home hide it in the refrigerator for her to find. With a simple note saying “I love you”
6. Check out 12 Arizona craft beers: After work, after buying those Krispy Kreme donuts, Powerball tickets and roses you can explore the Arizona craft beer offerings and buy 12 beers you have never sampled. Invite some friends over and rate the beers and impress them with your new found 12/12/12 knowledge. (Email me the results or better yet, invite me!)
Well that is my half dozen on the dozen-day I hope it turns out to be a great day for everyone.